Press Release: Female-Owned Tonik Creates Performance Apparel for Every Woman’s Body
Female-Owned Tonik Creates Performance Apparel for Every Woman’s Body
For new and avid cyclists, yogis, runners and more
Marin County, CA – JUNE 2020 — Tonik is a female owned company that creates performance apparel designed to fit and flatter every woman’s body. According to statistics from the NPD Group’s retail tracking service, bicycle sales in the United States have soared since the start of the pandemic, with some categories seeing growth rates of more than 100 percent compared to the previous year. As many new cyclists are also looking for clothing that fits for both fashion and function, Tonik has cycling, yoga, walking apparel as well as great athleisure apparel for pre-and post-sport.
While preparing for a 100-mile bike ride, Tonik’s founders found themselves stuck in clothing that was hindering them from enjoying their cycling passion. They decided to create clothing that was both stylish and well-designed for cycling and staying active. After years of designing and refining, the first Tonik bike jersey was created. Kristina Vetter took over Tonik in 2008 and expanded on the line. A former attorney, Kristina decided to pivot her career towards something more creative and went back to school to receive her degree in fashion and business, then her relationship with Tonikbegan. From there, Tonik moved on to create tanks, dresses, skirts, and jackets. A lifelong cycling enthusiast, Tonik felt like the right fit for Kristina, as she finally she had an outlet that allowed her to express her creativity while also pursuing her passion of cycling. Kristina knew she wanted Tonik’s values to be centered on self-love, inclusivity, and healthy living at every stage of life.
“These are pieces that will flatter all body types and allow women to wear every single day,” says Kristina. “Whether they’re road biking, hiking in nature, going to yoga, or running errands around town. The brand appeals to all types of women.”
Tonik’s mission is to produce performance apparel that fits and flatters every woman’s body. The high-quality performance apparel inspires women to stay confident and active while cycling, on the running trail, in the yoga studio, and in everyday activities.
Tonik was founded originally with a classic cycling jersey. Now the product line includes cycling tanks, jerseys, and jackets as well as clothing for yoga, travel, and around town.
All products are made with a thick polyester spandex blend. The products are anti-bacterial and have UPF 50+ fabric with just the right amount of stretch and a fit that flows naturally over the body.
- Beth short sleeve cycling jersey: Tonik’s best-selling jersey has been refined to fit all body types. Features: flattering with no elastic band at waist. Improved fit in the shoulder and sleeves. Three large pockets in back and secure zippered pocket for key, ID, credit card. Reflective trim for high visibility. Long cut for bottom coverage. 87% polyester 13% spandex. $99.
- Courtney long sleeve cycling jersey: Lightweight long-sleeved sports jersey ideal for multi-spot fans. Features: Flattering V-neck. Large zipped pocket. Long torso shape. 95% polyester 5% spandex. $75.
- Maggie Performance Tank: Multi-sport tank top. Features: large zipped back phone pocket with inside pouch pocket. Reflective trim for high visibility. Moderate support built-in bra. Athletic high neckline for sun protection. 95% polyester 5% spandex. $89-$95.
- Abbey Cycling Tank: Chic version of Tonik’s sleeveless women’s cycling jersey. Features: side ruching and piping to shape curves. Zippered pocket in the back. Reflective trim for high visibility. Beautifully constructed with flat, soft seams. 95% polyester 5% spandex. $85.
- Melanie active sleeveless sports dress: Active and travel dress. Features: Skirt cinches up and out of the way for cycling. Large zippered back pocket. Quick drying fabric. Never wrinkles. 95% polyester 5% spandex. $85.
- Mary active sports dress: Stylish cycling dress and fantastic all-around active dress. Features: Skirt cinches up and out of the way for cycling. Large zippered back pocket. Quick drying fabric. Never wrinkles. 95% polyester 5% spandex. $89.
- Kara active jacket: Tonik’s first jacket. Features: wicking fabric moves to help control temperature. Two side zip pockets and two large back pockets for storage. Reflective trims at chest, back, arm and zipper panels. Thumbholes to keep wrists warm. Longer length for maximum bottom coverage. 87% polyester 13% spandex wicking performance fabric. $130.
- Lisa active wrap skirt: Great for cycling, running, hiking or hanging out on the beach. Easy on and off coverage. Features: wrap style skirts keeps legs free to pedal. Insider front pocket. 87% polyester 13% spandex wicking performance fabric. $65.